Sunday, February 12, 2006

Curious about Questions, Assessments, Challenges and Tests

I just checked back and was amazed to discover that my first blog was posted way back on November 17, 2004.

In it, I wrote about an evening meeting with a group of local bloggers who were trying to convince me to start a blog. My answer was that “I do so much writing already, why would I ever need or enjoy creating a blog?"

And then, it happened! During the past month, I have been bombarded by glowing reports of the importance of and marketing payoffs of having a blog. I also needed a place to introduce assessments (I have signed up for an assessment generator).”

Realizing that I was planning to use this space to introduce assessments, I am going to fulfill that promise tonight by telling you about several that I have created. They are fun, informative and offer a great way to communicate what you would like to learn about, while they give me ideas for new articles and e-newsletter topics.

Francis Bacon wrote, “Who questions much, shall learn much, and retain much.”

While Og Mandino stated, “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.”

I have two assessments on-line that are completely devoted to your questions.
  • The first is at www.creativekeys.biz/askquestion.htm and addresses “Burning Internet / Web Design Question(s) that Are Challenging You.” With all of the changes, standards and new programs bombarding the Internet, everyone has questions. As Og Mandino says, “never be too big to ask questions.” I will do my best to answer - or will find someone who can. And, hopefully, your questions will give me ideas for my monthly Internet Tips E-Zine.
  • The second is at www.creativekeys.net/askquestions.htm . Called “A Portfolio of Questions - Ask as Many as You Want To!” this assessment provides space for questions and challenges concerning my four information areas of expertise: creativity, powerful presentations, storytelling power and freelance living.

Then, there is a self test, “The 'Portfolio Career' Self Test - or Am I Someone Who Would Love to Have One?” A Portfolio Career - my style - is having more than one career at a time. You will find this test with 20 quick statements to grade from not true to very true at www.creativekeys.net/portfoliocareertest.htm

And, finally, I have a “'Portfolio Career' Self Test Follow-Up” at
www.creativekeys.net/portfoliocareerfollowup.htm . When I first posted this, around 150 people had already taken the Self Test. Now, more than 900 have. So, whether or not you have taken the Self Test, you are welcome to try the Follow-up, especially if you are or have handled more than one career at a time.

All of the assessments are free to take. All I ask is for your name and e-mail address, so I can send you an answer and also a complimentary copy of one of my e-newsletters. Besides, they are fun and enlightening to play with.

After all, Thomas Berger wrote, “The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge.” So, ask away!