Friday, February 04, 2005

Curious about the Mind, the Brain and Thinking

I love to read! I have also subscribed to many, many e-newsletters - my rationale being that because I send out a bi-weekly e-newsletter, Portfolio Potpourri, and an Internet tips e-zine, Internet Tips E-zine, all of these e-newsletters that fill my inbox will give me ideas of what works and what doesn’t.

Being a reader, I tend to read them all, which takes an inordinate amount of time. So, today, I made the decision to start purging those that I feel are either filled with content that I already know and have read and reread or overdo selling the latest hot product.

At this point you are probably wondering when I will get to the topic!

Well, as I started the numerous unsubscribes (and I still have many to go), I realized that there were a few that I will not purge. And two of these are related to the mind, the brain and thinking. Both contain worthwhile topics that make me think and also articles that introduce me to new material that helps me grow.

Every Friday I look forward to the Friday Mind Massage from Maya Talisman Frost. Maya is a mind masseuse offering specialized mindfulness training to individuals and groups in Portland, Oregon. Her work has inspired thinkers in over 100 countries. She always offers a fresh approach that does inspire me and makes me think. You can subscribe to her e-newsletter by clicking HERE.

After subscribing to and receiving for several months the other e-zine, LandOnYourFeet, written and compiled by the brilliant Dr. Jill Ammon-Wexler, I finally decided to become a member - and even an Affiliate - of the Quantum Brain Gym. It is incredible what one receives and has access to. I haven’t yet even scratched the surface of what is available, but what I have already experienced is definitely worth the investment.

Just to whet your appetite and interest, you will find:

  • Mind Tool-of-the-Month Club: Always a surprise: A NEW premium mind-building personal excellence tool each month. From CDs and books … to e-courses, streaming audio programs and "by-invitation" special teleseminars with Dr Jill and guests. Always FREE to Members, but not to the outside world!
  • Quantum Brain Waves Room: A unique collection of special brainwave-engineered audios by Dr Jill, a pioneer brainwave researcher. You are only 10-15 minutes away from clear mental focus, instant stress reduction, enhanced learning, or an amazingly quick mental pick-me-up.
  • Sizzling Mind Tools: Today's finest state-of-the-art mind-building tools. Mind-building interactive games, memory builders, supercharged learning programs, and whole brain synchronization CDs and programs. Often at a deep discount for Members.
  • "Get A Lift" Motivational Center: A constantly-updated collection of uplifting, inspiring, and motivating "quick-listen" short audio messages and original stories. A great way to start the day, or create a positive mind set. Come keep your motivation cooking … and strengthen your resolve.
  • Inner Circle Club: Includes a monthly member's-only ezine, plus a FREE member's-only monthly live teleseminar chat with Dr Jill. Each monthly teleseminar covers a special topic, and then opens for member's questions and comments. Lively and informal. FREE to Members.

And that isn’t all. Visit HERE (my affiliate page) and you will find out more. I suggest you sign up for the free e-zine, LandOnYourFeet, before getting a membership - unless you just can’t wait!

I guarantee you will be glad you did! Let me know what you "think" of these brain and mind tools.